If you’re looking to save money on your everyday purchases, Ibotta is an excellent app to have in your arsenal. In this guide, we’ll explore how does Ibotta works and some tips and tricks to help you maximize your rewards and get the most out of Ibotta.
So, let’s dive in and start saving.
How Does Ibotta Work
You most likely use Ibotta or intend to use the app to save money on everyday purchases.
But you might be wondering, “How does Ibotta work?”
Let’s just be clear about this question.
Ibotta is a free cash back app that offers rewards when shopping in-store and online.
Essentially, Ibotta has partnered with hundreds of retailers and brands and when you claim a credit through Ibotta for purchase and item or service, Ibotta receives a commission from the partner retailer or brands.
And from that commission, Ibotta shares some of it to its users who claim the offer.
As Ibotta users, to earn cash back, users can add offers to their account, shop as usual, and then submit a photo of their receipt through the app.
Alternatively, users can link their loyalty accounts to Ibotta to receive cash back without submitting a receipt.
Once the purchase is verified, the user will receive cash back in their Ibotta account which they can withdraw via PayPal or gift cards.
Ibotta Pros And Cons
Here are some pros and cons of using Ibotta:
- Can earn cashback on purchases
- Wide range of products: Users can use Ibotta to earn cash back on groceries and non-grocery purchases that they already plan on making
- Can be used at multiple retailers
- Easy to use: The app is very easy to use, and the interface makes it easy to quickly identify the store where you are shopping. Finding your discounts and adding them to your selected offers is seamless
- Limited selection of products compared to other cashback apps
- Some users report issues with receipt submission and processing
- Cashback amounts can be small, making it difficult to accumulate significant earnings
- Tough earning requirements: Some users may find it difficult to meet the $20 minimum requirement for cashing out their earnings
- Limited time frame for earning bonuses: Users only have up to 30 days from opening an Ibotta account to earn welcome bonuses
Getting started with Ibotta is easy.
All you have to do is create an account and download the app.
Once that’s done, you can link your account to the stores you use most. When you go shopping at any of those stores, just remember to upload your receipts and check out a few of the offers available – that’s all there is to it! You can even save some deals for future trips and get even more cash back.
Ibotta makes saving money on groceries, entertainment and more simple – why wait? Get started now and use the Ibotta referral code to earn a $10 sign up bonus.
Tips and Tricks for Maximizing Savings with Ibotta
Here are some tips and tricks for maximizing savings with Ibotta:
- Complete bonuses to get extra cash back.
- Look for new offers and retailers through the New & Notable event.
- Search for deals and free shipping offers when shopping online.
- Use a loyalty account to earn even more cash back.
- Check out Ibotta’s blog for more helpful tips from real Ibotta Savers.
- Link your store loyalty card
- Look for bonus rebates.
- Watch for recurring rebates
- Buy the smallest quantity
- Make a grocery list and search for offers in the app
- Check for bonus opportunities
- Use Ibotta’s barcode scanner to check if a product qualifies for cashback before purchasing it
- Complete bonuses to get extra cash back
- Scan receipts to redeem offers
- Link your Fitbit or other rewards accounts to earn additional rewards that can be spent at participating stores on items that qualify for Ibotta cash back
What Stores Does Ibotta Work With
Ibotta works with over 50 stores and restaurants for its Pay with Ibotta feature, which allows users to earn instant cash back on purchases.
The Ibotta app also offers cash back at hundreds of retailers when shopping in-store, as well as online through partner retailers such as Home Depot, eBay, and Macy’s.
Additionally, Ibotta has a list of recommended grocery store rewards programs that can help users save money.
Some of the top retailers that offer cash back through the Ibotta app include The Home Depot, Best Buy, Walmart, eBay, Hotel.com, Old Navy, Sam’s Club and more.
Does Ibotta actually give you money?
Yes, Ibotta gives you real cash back on the things you buy every day. You can earn cash back by selecting offers in the app, going shopping, and uploading your receipt.
Once you’ve reached $20 in earnings, you can transfer the money to your account such as PayPal, Venmo and even your bank account. There is no restriction on where you want to transfer your fund.
Note, if you earn more than $600 one calendar year, Ibotta will contact you and ask you to fill the w-9 form and send you 1099 by mail.
According to Ibotta’s website, they credit your account within 24 hours. Additionally, Ibotta has introduced gift cards that allow users to earn cash back instantly.
How do you get your money from Ibotta?
To withdraw your fund from Ibotta, you need to visit your Ibotta account section of the app and select the “Withdraw Cash” option. You have the option to withdraw your earnings as a gift card or transfer them to your PayPal, Bank account and Venmo account.
To redeem cash back offers, you need to upload your receipt and confirm the offers you’d like to redeem. You can also add cash back offers before you shop by tapping on the blue plus sign in the app.
How much does Ibotta pay for each receipt?
Ibotta does not pay a specific amount for each receipt. Instead, users can earn cash back on certain items they purchase by uploading their receipts to the app.
The amount of cash back varies depending on the item and the offer available at the time of purchase. Once a user reaches $20 in cash back earnings, they can request a payout.
How Does Ibotta Work At Walmart
To use Ibotta at Walmart, you can download the Ibotta app and activate offers before shopping in-store.
After shopping, you can scan your receipt using the app to earn cash back on eligible purchases.
Ibotta offers cash back on a variety of products, including groceries, household items, and more.
Ibotta makes money by sharing a portion of retailers’ and advertisers’ dollars with users in the form of cash back offers.